MetaMask is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to connect with Decentralized Applications (DApps) on the internet. Because Ads.txt Plus is a DApp, you will need MetaMask to interact with it.
Once you install your MetaMask, make sure to export your private key. This will allow you to allow others access to the wallet. Treat your private key like your bank account password, where if the wrong person gets a hold of it, they can deplete your funds. To find your private key:
- Click on the MetaMask extension to open the wallet
- Click on the ... icon to populate the dropdown
- Click on "Export Private Key"
- Enter your MetaMask password
- Your private key is shown, click on it to copy, and paste it somewhere safe
In the case that your MetaMask extension is deleted, or your Chrome Browser restarts without the extenstions, you can still access your MetaMask account. Either by uploading the seed phrase or the private key, you will once again have access to MetaMask wallet.
For more help articles on MetaMask, feel free to visit https://metamask.helpscoutdocs.com/.